This is how I make my cans: * draw the pattern that you want to use on a piece of paper. I used 180 and 200 grams paper. Use a pair of scissors to cut out the parts. * * * start rolling - on a soft surface - the parts. I use my upper leg (see picture) Use a pen the get the correct shape.
* glue the parts together
* take a good look at the jug. make sure its round or else start over again using the pen. If it's ok, glue the jug to a piece of paper. Let it dry.
* cut out the jug, using the bottom as a guide.
* paint the inner side of the jug at least 2 times. If the paper you used has a white substrate, because you have a printed design, make sure you paint the inner side at least 2 time with plain white paint before you start with the color. This prevents the darker paint seeing through later went the jug gets varnished. It also strenghtens the paper. Let it dry
* when the paint is dry glue the pouring spout to the jug and paint it in the same color as used for the inside of the jug. Also paint a strip a paper in the color of the handle of the jug.
* now we are getting to the hardest part of this workshop, use a small brush with a little bit paint and strike along the pouring spout. There should appear a small edge on the outerside. Maybe this has to be done two times. Also do this with the bottom of the jug.
** An other option is to glue a small wire to the edge and paint that.
* cut out the handle for the jug. I normally use 2 or 3 mm. And roll this also with the pen as before. You can choose to make the ends peak. Glue one side at the back-top side of the jug and let it dry. After that bend the handle down in the shape you like. Cut to fit (peak or not) and glue to jug.
* when the jug is completely dry you can start to varnish. Use the gloss varnish or nailpolish will do. Repaet this several times but do not put on to thick. It depends on the paper how often you have to do this but make sure that between the layers the jug dries. And ready it is!!